Wednesday 15 January 2014

A Corset!?

Well hello again! I decided to take a break from the hoop skirt (a little nervous about it actually) and decided that since my boning had come in the mail I could get started on my corset! So far I think it's doing pretty good!


Well look at that! I absolutely love the fabric I found (I'm pretty sure it was on sale) and it is an absolute joy to work with. No bunching, munching, fraying or tearing! I wasn't expecting how thick it was going to feel with the lining attached as well but there you go!


Here's a closer look at the boning channels. They aren't really straight I feel pretty proud of them! I'm sure with enough practice I'll get better at it! I tried each channel with the boning after I sewed them and it seems to fit pretty well! There's a couple places (you can see them in the lower right corner of the photo where I need to do some serious fudging but hey, we need to make mistakes in order to improve! And, as a special treat. A photo of my piping for my hoops cut!


(Also the bag of kitty litter for my new kitty!)



No comments:

Post a Comment